1. Fill in the FREE registration form – review your form and make sure it is correct, especially your email address. You will set up a username – (which doesn’t have to be your real name), and password which means you can search for childcare sharers, and you can amend your profile and requirements. For instance you may have 3 children, but are only looking to share care for one or two, etc. Note, your names, house number, and telephone numbers are for our records only, they will not be displayed on the website. When you search, the following is a typical example of a profile.
Username: A.N. Other CRB Status: Pending
No of children: 2 Type of household: Single parent
Smoking: No Type of property: Terraced
Likes: swimming, dancing. Post code: LE2 5**
Dislikes: eating vegetables! Ethnicity: White
Type of care sought: After school Pet: Dog
Schools attended: ABC Primary school, Leicester
Narrative: I have 3 children but I’m looking to share after school care for 2 daughters aged 4 and 7, on Mondays and Wednesdays, as I work as a clerical officer on those days. Ideally you will have children at the same school, but its not essential. I would prefer to keep the girls together, but would be willing to consider splitting the girls and sharing with two families if it proved practical.
2. Click ‘feedback’ to read feedback left by previous parents who have shared childcare with this person. The following is a typical example.
Username: A.N. Other Date posted: 01-01-2008
(Marks out of 10)
Overall Experience: 9 Did your kids get along? 8
How convenient was the arrangement? 10
Will you be looking to share with another family as well as this one?
Dont know yet.
How important was the CRB check? 10
Roughly how many days do you think you will share during the year?
Value for money? 10
Do you plan to share with this family in the future?, if not please give reasons?
Probably, if our requirements and their are compatible?
Any other comments/suggestions that would be helpful for other parents using this feedback?
Arrange to have a play date first, this enables you and the kids to get to know each other better. If you have any concerns or questions, don’t be afraid to state them, as the other parents will probably have the same concerns and questions.
3. If you find a match and you have paid your subscription, click contact. If the person you are trying to contact is also a subscriber you will be able to view their profile and email address.You can make contact, but yours/theirs CRB check may not be complete yet, as stated on their profile – i.e. ‘pending’. If they are not a subscriber, they will be invited to subscribe.
4. As a subscriber you must undertake a CRB check. A check will be carried out on each person, so if you are 2 parent household, then both of you will have CRB checks.
5. The CRB check is sent to you (about yourself) and we will receive a copy. If we have any concerns we will notify you. A check can take up to 5 weeks.
6. If the checks are satisfactory, we notify you and you can get together and arrange childcare. Fill in the Get2knowu form with your details, and take it with you when you first meet your potential sharers.
7. After you have started sharing childcare, you will need to leave feedback on your experience.
8. You may search for more families to share care with, or your requirements may change, so you can alter your profile and search again. Remember your subsciption is for one full year.
Mutually beneficial arrangement which is convenient, saves money, and a sociable experience for parents and children alike. There is also the possibility to share school runs.